Saturday, June 29, 2013

My First Blogger Challenge :-)

Well, it happened...  I got tagged in a challenge!  Thank you, Katelynn at The Life of a Baby Bat, for this incredible honor.  ;-)

Hey, I got tagged TWICE!  A second "thank you" goes to Mary Rose at The Everyday Goth for HER tag!  (Does this mean I'm popular???)  ;-)

Rules:
  1. Thank the person who tagged you in this challenge and post a link to their blog.
  2. Tag 5 blogs with less than 200 followers
  3. Wish them to tag more bloggers to keep this thing going!

5 Things I Need Every Day

1.  Chocolate (which I have been known to shamelessly beg for if I've run out)
2.  Music  (even more vital than chocolate, if that's possible)
3. Cuddles with my cats
4.  Makeup (definitely NOT optional)
5.  Private time, especially in the morning when I get up.  Fortunately, I have a private office at work AND a
     room of my own at home, both with doors, so it's rarely an issue.


5 Books I Recommend

1.  Too Many Curses! by A. Lee Martinez
2.  The Time of the Dark series (4 books) by Barbara Hambly  (I consider them to be a single book.)
3.  Sympathy for the Devil by Holly Lisle
4.  Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett
5.  The Elegant Witch by Robert Neill


5 Materialistic Wishes for Yule/Christmas Presents

1.  Candles, especially scented ones!  Tapers and tealights are my favorites, but I never look a gift horse (or
     candle!) in the mouth.  ;-)
2.  Jewelry and tops with skulls and/or skeletons on them; partial skeletons would also be acceptable.
3.  A one-year supply of cat crunchies for our nine furbabies.  (Yes, this would be a present for ME as well.)
4.  A $100+ gift certificate for the Victorian Trading Company.
5.  Prepaid airline tickets/hotel reservations for trips to any/all of the places listed below.


5 Places I Wish to Visit

1.  Egypt
2.  Scotland
3.  Ireland (again!)
4.  Delphi, Greece
5.  Crete


5 Adjectives that Describe Me

1.  Friendly
2.  Compassionate
3.  Moody
4.  Helpful
5.  Sensitive (not always in a good way, unfortunately)


Things I'd Say to People About Life

1.  When in doubt, toss some glitter on it!
2.  If you never ask, the answer will always be No.
3.  You ALWAYS have a choice; doing nothing is also a choice.
4.  You are not responsible for other people's emotional baggage; never allow them to make you believe
     that you are.
5.  Life is short, so eat dessert first... AND last!


Tag, You're It!

1.  Eternal Wynter
2.  Linnea Maria
3.  Vampire Rose
4.  Nightwind
5.  Underground for Tea


Okay, now make with the posts already!!  ;-)

8 comments:

  1. I would also love a Victorian Trading Co. gift cert. What would you buy with it? I would buy some swanky riding coat and wear it to one of the places to want to travel to, probably Scotland, to go track down the Wallace side of my family :). Or.... boots, they have great boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, there's SO much good stuff in there!! I think I would definitely get one of the Tea Party hats, probably the one with the black netting. I've been drooling over that hat for years... ::sigh::

    We have SUCH good taste, don't we?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you only asked for a $100 GC at VTC, Lucretia! That's very restrained of you! :D

      Delete
    2. Actually, I asked for one that was for $100+. The hundred is minimum; the + is what I REALLY want! That way I can be totally greedy while still appearing restrained... ;-)

      Delete
    3. LOL, and here I thought you were being very unmaterialistic. I totally missed the plus - obviously your theory worked! :D

      Delete
    4. Now if only someone else would see it that way and SEND me one!!! Hehehe...

      Delete
  3. Finally completed this challenge hee hee. I didn't see this until yesterday :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I meant to warn you, sorry! Glad you did it, though. :-)

      Delete