Monday, February 24, 2014

Taking the Challenge Anyway

I just read this fun post at The Walrus Room.  Although she didn't tag me for her Liebster Award challenge, I feel like answering her questions just for fun, so here they are with my answers, for anyone interested:

Nominee Questions

    1. Who is your biggest character crush from any TV show, film or book, and why?
    Hmmm, I just can't decide between Han Solo (Harrison Ford) from "Star Wars" and Riddick (Vin Diesel) from "The Chronicles of Riddick".  As to why, it's the same answer for both... they're sexy and they kick ass!!!

    2. Talk us through your everyday hair routine.  Are you a curler, straightener, or hairstyle kind of person?
    (This won't take long.)  My hair is very fine and naturally wavy, with a frizzy cowlick in the front, but it will not hold a curl unless it is permed.  Every other day I wash my hair with an anti-frizz shampoo, comb it, and let it air dry, occasionally adding foam mousse.  Every OTHER day I just comb it.  That is all.

    3. If you were any subset of Goth style, what would you be and why? 
    As I've said in the past, I don't believe I fit into any single category here.  I see my current style as a sort of combination of Trad Goth and Corp Goth, with a touch of Stevie Nicks thrown in.  But that could change tomorrow.  ;-)

    4. Continue the above question, within that style, what would be your holy grail outfit?
    My"go to" outfit whenever I'm in a hurry is a black lace skirt, a shirt with a skull or skeletons on it, and either black fishnet tights with my stompy boots OR black leggings with black flats, depending on whether or not I'm driving.  I'm not sure if this could be considered a "holy grail" outfit or not, however.  I'm honestly not sure what my "ideal" outfit would be, there are just too many great combinations out there!

     5. Who are your top three favourite YouTubers?
     There is just one person on YouTube whose videos I enjoy watching, and that's Melissa Hunter as "Adult Wednesday Addams".  The only other non-musical things I watch on YouTube are episodes of the original "Dark Shadows" TV series and the always amusing "Simon's Cat" episodes.  

    6. If you were to try and sell your all-time favourite beauty product, in three sentences what would you say?
     Probably:  "TRY this stuff!  It REALLY works!  If you don't, you're INSANE!!!"  
    Or possibly:  "You will be assimilated.  Use this product.  Resistance is futile."

    7. Can you name something that you enjoy eating, a meal or anything, that is actually vegan? (When I became a vegan I realised I was pretty much already eating that way.)  
    Is chocolate vegan???

    8. Your job is to write the most Gothiest (I can't believe I just wrote that as a word) novel possible, what would you title it and what would the blurb say?
     This reminds me of the time we were trying to rework our spiritual group with a more gothic tone, and joked about calling it the Darkest Coven of Dark Darkety Darkness!  Of course, now I can't get that out of my head, so I guess that would have to be the name and subject of the Gothiest novel ever!

    9.  Name one thing that you wanted all through your childhood that your parent(s)/guardian(s) would never have let you get, even if you don't want it now?    
    A HORSE (black, of course).  And no, I don't want one now.  You think CATS are expensive???

    10. If you had to get one body modification of your choice (piercings, scarification, tongue splitting, implants, tattoos, etc) what would you get?
    That would be another tattoo.  I've got enough piercings in my ears, I don't want them anywhere else, and I'm not into the other stuff.  But I love tattoos, so getting another one would not exactly be an imposition.  ;-)

    Okay, this was fun!  Anyone else want to try?? 

    17 comments:

    1. Thanks for answering my questions! :3 Your answers were really interesting. I know exactly that feel about the wanting a horse thing. Three cats equal a horse right?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks for posting your questions, they were fun! Actually, I think all nine cats together equal a horse, but I could be wrong... ;-)

        Delete
    2. I love your outfit! I need to steal it!

      Whee! You like Simon's Cat too!

      I did this too, it was fun!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Who would NOT like "Simon's Cat"?? That little guy is hilarious!! And of course you may steal my outfit, just be sure to clean and return it when you're done. ;-)

        Delete
    3. I read the post about Nu Goth at the Walrus Room before reading her questions. As for as style goes, I find it appealing although I'm more like you, a mix of several different types. I'm beginning to wonder though why we try to classify every new style that comes along. We are after all, individuals. Each of us a bit of ourselves into the mix.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Each of us BRINGS a bit of ourselves into the mix. Sorry!

        Delete
      2. I also liked the Nu Goth post, sort of a modern update of Trad Goth, which is as it should be or we'd all end up moldering away under cobwebs of the past. (Which might actually NOT be a good thing, but who knows?)

        I think humans must have a gene or something in our DNA that compels us to label everything in sight, including ourselves. This is why we always have so much trouble with originality/individuality! If the scientists could figure out a way to remove it, we'd all be lots happier.

        Delete
    4. You make a convincing argument on #6...of course, now I have an image of the Borg Queen strongly insisting one of her recruits uses her favorite lipstick. :-)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. ROFL!!! This must be how they make Avon and Mary Kay reps... ;-)

        Delete
    5. Darkest Coven of Dark Darkety Darkness ... you have to write that book, Lucretia! With a title like that, I'd buy it. :o)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You know, I am truly tempted... Make it sort of a MaryJanice Davidson type thing! Want to be one of the main characters??? ;-)

        Delete
      2. LOL, if you made ME one of the main characters, NOBODY would buy the book! ;o)

        Delete
      3. I think you're wrong about that... And I've already started planning out the characters, hehehehe!! What the Hel, I'm gonna go after this one! Seriously, may I call one of them The Insomniac?

        Delete
      4. Absolutely! Make her rich and thin, okay? This is fiction, after all. ;)

        Delete
      5. Hehehe, you've got it! :-) AND she is absolutely addicted to her cell phone... ;-)

        Delete
      6. OMG, are you standing right behind me that you know these things, Lucretia?

        Delete
      7. Didn't you know that??? MUAH-hahahahah!!! ;-)

        Delete