Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Birthday Vacation!!

Yesterday was my birthday, and I'm celebrating by taking this week off!  I had to go to Clearlake last weekend to clear out Grandma's house, so I felt I owed myself a break, and this was the perfect time.

Here's what I've done so far:

Monday I met with two goth friends and went thrift store shopping!  We had a GREAT time, and found some awesome deals.  I ended up with a black Punisher t-shirt, a red lace micromini skirt, a pair of red/black/white knee socks with skulls-and-crossbones on them, and a black shirt that's hard to describe but looks awesome; these are the things I can wear right away.  I also found a black t-shirt with a cat head and "Me-ow!" on it, which I put in my closet in the "I-need-to-lose-5-to-10-pounds-first" section.  Hey, you gotta have something to work towards, right??  ;-)  And I spent less than $20 on all of it. 

Tuesday was my birthday, woo-HOOO!!  I started out by going shopping at my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's, and dancing through the isles to the song "Witch Doctor".  Then on to Jiffy Lube, where I gave my van a birthday present of an oil/fluid change, plus a new headlight (that I didn't know needed changing).  After that, I headed for Kohl's, as I had COUPONS!!  I found an awesome pair of boots, originally $79.99, that were on sale for $25.  Using my $10-off b-day coupon and my 15% off coupon, I ended up paying only $13.86!!  And that came of my b-day money, so I actually got them for free!  Thanks, Mom!  :-)  From Martin, I got the DVD of the new Vin Diesel movie, Riddick.  I am totally addicted to Riddick, heheheh...  We'll be watching that later today.  And then we had cake!  Since Martin's birthday was Saturday and I was in Clearlake, we had the one cake for both of us (we usually do that, anyway).

Today is Wednesday.  My son is coming over to hang out around 12:30 while his girlfriend is in class; when she gets out, we'll all go out to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  I'll probably work in the garden as well, since it's really nice today.

Not sure what I'll be doing Thursday and Friday, but I'm sure I'll think of something!  ;-)

What do you do to celebrate your birthday???

15 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP!?!? How the hell did I miss your birthday?!? Ugh! I'm so sorry, dear friend. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOLL FACE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I guess you must have been looking the other way when it went by! ;-) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday for Tuesday! ❤ Sounds like you're having a fab week! I thing taking time off and enjoying a few simple pleasures is a perfect way to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it's been pretty good so far, and I NEEDED to do this!

      Delete
  3. Belated birthday wishes!

    'Jiffy Lube'?! Really?! If you named a shop that in the UK you'd be arrested! It sounds like a sex toy emporium (sorry for bringing the tine down)...

    Glad you had such a great time. I had a smile of recognition at the 'need to lose..' purchase - I bought an olive green military coat in a thrift shop last week and have to suck everything in to get it buttoned but I am determined it will fit. Maybe. If I stop eating lemon muffins...

    I just posted about my birthday (which I basically spent drinking, eating & spending) - hope you enjoy the rest of your time off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ** tone even. Gah! Insomnia is making me insensible..

      Delete
    2. ROFL!!!! We do have some different ways of saying things on our respective sides of the pond, don't we?? ;-) I had a friend from New Zealand tell me a hilarious story of when she and some friends arrived in the US and were asking people in the airport if they could spare a fag... of course, the Americans looked at them like they were crazy until someone explained that here that is a derogatory word for homosexuals, hehehe...

      I've got a black velvet coat with similar tightness issues. I get around it by not trying to fasten it, then it fits well enough. My advice is, NEVER stop eating lemon muffins!! Just maybe don't eat as many. ;-)

      I enjoyed reading your birthday post at work the other day. Happy belated birthday to you as well! (I got interrupted and didn't have the chance to reply at the time.)

      Delete
    3. 'fanny pack' is another one that cracks us Brits up...

      Delete
    4. I've always thought that was a pretty silly name! Especially since we wear them in front or on the side as well. What does it mean in the UK??? This inquiring mind is dying to know... ;-)

      Delete
  4. A Happy Belated Birthday to you, Lucretia! May the rest of your week continuing being amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday, Lucretia! Jiffy Lube sounds like a fun way to spend the day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh yes, it certainly is THE place to go on a birthday! ;-)

      Delete